PonytailSports.com is an online resource guide for Michigan's female athletes, parents, coaches and fans.
In March 2003, the first editon of Ponytail Sports rolled off the presses. Every other month, copies of the magazine were printed and distributed throughout Michigan to K-12 schools, universities, sports facilities, sporting good stores. We also distributed them to individual athletes and others who supported female athletics.. Our readership soon grew to 40,000 plus.
In 2009, we successfully made the transition from print to web. Our mission remains:
- To inform female athletes of the opportunities to participate in sports throughout Michigan
- To provide information regarding sports camps and clinics conducted by a variety of
- To enhance community sports programs
- To promote athleteics as a healthy and worthwile endeavor for girls
- To build a bridge between high schools and colleges, increasing recuitment and scholarship
- To boost interest in professional women's sports
- To increase competitive play opportunities