Michigan has some of the finest amateur sports clubs and organizations in the country. Whether you are looking to play on a team at the recreation, travel or a travel elite level, keep these things in mind:
- Donít be afraid to ask a lot of questions?
- What is the fee? What does the fee cover?
- What is the policy concerning playing time?
- What qualifications does the coach have?
- Will the team be playing in a state tournament?
- How much traveling will be involved? How many
†† overnights will there be?
- Who is in charge of this club and what is his/her
†† phone number?
- Arrive early so you can stretch and wonít feel rushed.
- Donít focus on other players.
- Donít try to interpret what the coaches are thinking
†† or writing down.
- Work hard when you donít have the ball. Coaches will
†† evaluate all aspects of your game.
- Forget any mistakes. How you respond to those
†† mistakes is more important.
- Stay focused. You are there to make the team. You